Setting up an EBSCO account will allow you to download E-books and save items in your folders for future research. Furthermore, this account is useful for all of our EBSCO databases not just E-books from EBSCO (GoSearch, ATLA, etc.).
There are two ways to create an account:
1. Select an E-book in the E-books from EBSCO database. On the left hand side of the page click "Download Offline." This will bring up a prompt with two options. The second option is "Create a New Account." Select this option and create your account.
2. At the top right hand side of the webpage click "Sign In." Under the User Name and Password boxes select the "Create a New Account" link. Fill out the information and you will have an EBSCO account.
How to Download and Access Downloaded Ebooks from the Web Browser
1. Select eBooks from EBSCO database at www.sebts.edu/library
2. Search for your eBook
3. In order to check out an eBook you must create an account
4. Once you have created an account, sign-in at the top right hand side of the page
5. Select your e-book
6. Check the Concurrent User Level in the Full Record. If the User Lever is Unlimited you don't need to download/checkout the eBook as it is accessible to multiple users at one time. However, if the User Level is Limited it is in your best interest to download/checkout the eBook so that you are guaranteed access to the eBook.
7. On the left hand side, click "Download Offline"
8. On the prompt that opens up, click "Checkout" (7 day maximum)
9. This places the book in "My Checkouts" (top of the page). You can also create a folder for this and related items.
10. Read the book in pdf full text online
How to use Adobe Digital Editions (offline)
If you are using a tablet or phone, EBSCO eBooks app is much better. However, Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) is the only resort for a computer if you want to view the eBook offline.
1. Download Adobe Digital Editions onto your computer
2. Download eBook (see Accessing Downloaded eBooks on Web Browser if you do not know how to do this) and then remember where you saved it
3. Double click the eBook in the downloaded location
4. ADE will open the downloaded item for you
5. You will be able to read the book in ADE at this point
6. In order to return a book from ADE, right click the item in your Bookshelves and select "Return Borrowed Item." When returning a book from ADE the book is returned from EBSCO as well
How to Setup Library and Download in the App:
1. Need internet connection to setup.
2. Click "Find Books" at the bottom of the page
3. Scroll down and select "United States" and then "North Carolina"
4. Go to page 22 and click "Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary"
5. Click "Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary" and it will take you to the searching page
How to Download E-Books from EBSCO E-Book App
1. Open the E-Book App on your mobile device
2. Click "Find Books" at the bottom of the page
3. Click "Last Selected Library." If you haven't selected Southeastern as your library, watch the "Setting Up Your EBSCO eBook App" above for more information.
4. Search for a book by title or keyword.
5. Click "Download Offline"
6. Sign in using your ESBCO account NOT Moodle/Campusnet sign.
7. Choose how long you want to checkout the item (7 days maximum)
8. Click "Checkout and Download"
9. Click "Read Now" once it is downloaded
10. Swipe right or left to turn pages
11. Tap the screen for a Control Menu
12. If you go back to your Bookshelf you will see the Book and it will be accessible to you for the entire checkout period
How to Download a Book onto Your E-Book App from ESBCO Web Account
1. Click "Find Books"
2. Select "Southeastern Library." If you haven't selected Southeastern as your library, watch the "Setting Up Your EBSCO eBook App" above for more information
3. Click the Settings button on top right hand corner of the page (looks like a gear)
4. Sign in with EBSCO Account NOT Moodle/Campusnet. If you have not done this, see the video above entitled, "Setting Up an EBSCO Account for eBooks"
5. On the top left hand corner click "Update"
6. Click the number on the top right hand corner of the page (next to the Settings)
7. The book that you want to download on your app should be the first item in the list.
8. Click "Download Offline"
9. It will ask if you want to download. Click "Yes"
10. It will ask if you want to "Find More" or "Read Now." Click "Read Now."
11. The book is now in your E-Book App Collection.
How to Return E-Books
1. Select your "Bookshelf"
2. Click the right arrow next to the book
3. Two options for removing book from Mobile Device:
a. Click "Delete." This removes the book from your Mobile Device. The book is still accessible to you online.
b. Click "Return." This removes the book from your account so that someone else can check it out.