Welcome! This guide is designed to help you navigate researching the basics to the Doctrine of Salvation (Soteriology) including specific topics like: Union with Christ, Justification, and Sanctification.
Where to start
- The tab Dictionaries and Encyclopedias, which are Tertiary sources, is an excellent place to start for students who are looking for a quick overview of a research topic.
- The Classic Works of Soteriology tab looks at Pre and Post-Reformation works or books focusing on the Soteriology of certain people or periods.
- Contemporary Works on Soteriology provides works on Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox Soteriology
- The Specific Issues in Soteriology examines the specific issues of: Union of Christ, Conversion, Sanctification, Election/ Predestination, Justification, Glorification, Regeneration, and Adoption.
- Journals provides a link to different Journal publications. Journal articles are an excellent academic source that students can utilize for the purpose of furthering knowledge in a specific topic and engaging in the scholarly discourse currently taking place in a particular field.
The lists and topics are not an exhaustive display of the resources provided by SEBTS. Rather, the purpose of these lists is to provide a starting place for students who are beginning the research process in a new field.
There you will find a comprehensive introduction to the academic research and writing process as well as some helpful resources concerning research appointments, bibliography, and citation help.