This section of the guide explains how to request items that we do not currently own in our library collection. If we already own the item, please use the instructions found at the Items by Mail tab. We can only generate ILL requests for physical items that will be sent within the United States.
Important: See our "Returning Mail Policies" to the right for important information regarding the return of books.
Common Mistakes With Submitting (Check Your Submissions Before Sending)
1. This is how you can tell that we are able to ILL the item.
2. Click this icon to add the item to the folder.
3. This is what the icon turns to once an item has been added to the folder.
4. This will list all items on the page that are currently being added to the folder.
1. Once you are viewing the folder you will see all items within the folder in a list.
2. Click "E-mail" to email every item within the folder. Follow the steps in the previous section for filling out the pop-up box that appears.
1. The postmark date is considered the return date for all books by mail.
2. Media Mail with USPS is probably the most affordable return mail option.
3. We strongly recommend that you insure your packages. If you return books and they are lost in the mail you will be responsible for the replacement costs. You may mail the books back with whatever Postal service you prefer (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.). Priority Mail with USPS is automatically insured up to $100. Media Mail with USPS (potentially the most affordable option) is not insured, you will have to add insurance. Visit the USPS website for more information on this.
4. We recommend that if you are returning a large number of books that you return them in multiple boxes of around 10 books in order to reduce the likelihood of them getting lost or damaged in the mail.
5. Please acquire a tracking number for your package so that you can follow it until it arrives at the SEBTS Library.
6. Return address:
Library at SEBTS
114 N. Wingate St.
Wake Forest, NC 27587
7. For further assistance, please contact the Reference Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.