This section of the guide explains how to gain access to materials that we own but only have in print at our library. If you are trying to request an item that we do not currently own, visit the Inter-Library Loan for DL tab. Items can only be mailed within the United States.
Important: See our "Returning Mail Policies" box on the right for information concerning return books.
Common Mistakes In Submissions (Check for these before you submit)
Check-list to Request Items by Mail
- Search by book.
- Make sure the book you request is not available as e-book.
- Click "save" underneath the item(s) you want to request.
- Once you've selected all the items you would like to request, click on "my items" and select "email".
- Make sure you add our email-address as recipient: email@example.com. You may include your own email address too for the purpose of keeping records of your request. Make the subject "items by mail" and then include the following information in the email:
1) First and Last Name
2) Email Address
3) ID number
4) Physical Address.
- Hit "share list" and your request will be sent.
Be sure to check our policies and especially our guidelines and recommendations for returning items by mail. We strongly recommend you insure any books you mail back to us.
Check-list to Request Scanned Articles
- Make sure the article is only available in print, by first checking in the “Articles” section in the catalog on our website. If the article shows up here, that means that a pdf version is available (“View Full Text” button will appear).
- If the article does not show up in the catalog on the first page of our website, it can be requested as a scan.
- Go to “ATLA-Religion Database”
- Pull up the article(s) you would like to request and click on the folder sign next to the article’s title.
- Click on “Folder View” on the right-hand side.
- Choose “E-mail” on the right side.
- In the “E-mail from” box, make sure to insert your own e-mail. In the “E-mail to” box insert our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in “Items by Mail” as subject.
- Add your information in the Comments box:
1) First and Last Name
2) Student ID number
3) Email Address
- Hit “send”.
*Note: Not putting your email in the field our system will provide a generic email that we cannot reply to. If this generic email is present and you do not include your name, student ID, or mailing address, we have no way of knowing who the request came from*
1. The postmark date is considered the return date for all books by mail.
2. Media Mail with USPS is probably the most affordable return mail option.
3. We strongly recommend that you insure your packages. If you return books and they are lost in the mail you will be responsible for the replacement costs. You may mail the books back with whatever Postal service you prefer (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.). Priority Mail with USPS is automatically insured up to $50. Media Mail with USPS (potentially the most affordable option) is not insured, you will have to add insurance. Visit the USPS website for more information on this.
4. We recommend that if you are returning a large number of books that you return them in multiple boxes of around 10 books in order to reduce the likelihood of them getting lost or damaged in the mail.
5. Please acquire a tracking number for your package so that you can follow it until it arrives at the SEBTS Library.
6. Return address:
Library at SEBTS
114 N. Wingate St.
Wake Forest, NC 27587
7. For further assistance, please contact the Reference Assistant at email@example.com.