This section of the guide explains the process for requesting scanned copies of specific journal articles that the library owns in print format. Any articles that already have a pdf version or have full text accessible online cannot be requested in this way since an electronic copy is already available.
Use our A-Z database page to narrow our list of databases to those related to your subject. After opening that link all of our databases will be displayed and you can limit the selection using the first drop down box labeled "All Subjects" and selecting from the list. Once this is done you can determine which of the remaining databases will be the most useful to you.
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources.
Check-list to Request Scanned Articles
- From our website, go to "Databases" and choose “ATLA-Religion Database.”
- Perform a search based on your keywords and click on the folder sign next to the articles you want to request. Note that articles that are available as pdf's cannot be requested by email.
- Once you have chosen all the articles you would like to request, click on “Folder View” on the right-hand side.
- Choose “E-mail” on the right side.
- In the “E-mail from” box, make sure to insert your own e-mail. In the “E-mail to” box insert our email: email@example.com
- Fill in “Items by Mail” as subject.
- Add your information in the Comments box:
1) First and Last Name
2) Student ID number
3) Email Address.
- Hit “send”.
*Note: Not putting your email in the "E-mail from" field will create a generic email to which we cannot reply.*