This section of the guide explains how to gain access to materials that we own but only have in print at our library. If you are trying to request an item that we do not currently own, visit the Inter-Library Loan for DL tab. Items can only be mailed within the United States.
Important: See our "Returning Mail Policies" box on the right for information concerning return books.
Common Mistakes In Submissions (Check for these before you submit)
The information below only relates to the use of print materials from the SEBTS Library. If you need materials from other libraries, please visit our Inter-Library Loan for DL tab.
1. Once you have your item selected you will need to click the E-Mail button on the far right column. Once you do that a menu will appear.
2. Once this menu appears you will need to fill out the following information:
*Note: Without putting your email in the field our system will provide a generic email that we cannot reply to. If this generic email is present and you do not include your name, student ID, or mailing address, we have no way of knowing who the request came from*
1. Click this icon to add the item to the folder.
2. This is what the icon turns to once it has been added to the folder.
3. This will list all items on the page that are currently being added to the folder.
1. Once you are viewing the folder you will see all items within the folder in a list.
2. Click "E-mail" to email every item within the folder. Follow the steps in the previous section for filling out the pop-up box that appears.
1. The postmark date is considered the return date for all books by mail.
2. Media Mail with USPS is probably the most affordable return mail option.
3. We strongly recommend that you insure your packages. If you return books and they are lost in the mail you will be responsible for the replacement costs. You may mail the books back with whatever Postal service you prefer (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.). Priority Mail with USPS is automatically insured up to $50. Media Mail with USPS (potentially the most affordable option) is not insured, you will have to add insurance. Visit the USPS website for more information on this.
4. We recommend that if you are returning a large number of books that you return them in multiple boxes of around 10 books in order to reduce the likelihood of them getting lost or damaged in the mail.
5. Please acquire a tracking number for your package so that you can follow it until it arrives at the SEBTS Library.
6. Return address:
Library at SEBTS
114 N. Wingate St.
Wake Forest, NC 27587
7. For further assistance, please contact the Reference Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.