Skip to main content
Structuring the Message Guidelines
- Let the structure of the Scriptures (step #2) drive the structure of your Message (step #6).
- Have as many major points as the text naturally demands (locate and honor those seams).
- Make sure major points and subpoints (if you have them) arise clearly and naturally out of the text. Be able to see your outline in the text.
- State your points in the present tense and complete sentences. Be clear, concise and true to the text.
- Make your points the application of the message. It will be knowing, doing or both.
- Make sure your major points connect with the MIT and the MIM.
- Make sure your subpoints connect with the major point they support.
Resources to Help with Structuring and Teaching the Message